It’s no secret that I prefer natural methods of cleaning, cooking, eating and life in general. When I came across my nasty, heavily tarnished silver I didn’t deviate from this preference. Without further ado here is what I did.
what you’ll need
– tarnished silver jewellery or silver cutlery
– kettle of HOT boiled water
– glass or ceramic medium sauce pan
– baking soda
– aluminum foil
what you’ll do
– line the medium sauce pan with a sheet of foil (I placed the foil SHINY side up)
– lay your silver on the foil. Be sure it has contact with the foil
– sprinkle baking soda over your silver
– pour the boiled water over your silver so that it covered and allow it to sit for 5 minutes
– after 5 minutes carefully remove your silver from the HOT water, rinse it in cool water and dry it completely with a clean cloth
above: silver magically coming clean
above: silver just out of its baking soda & hot water bath
That’s all there is to it!
No scrubbing, no harsh chemicals just a couple of everyday household goods!
Time to shine up!! xo julie