I’ve a HUGE bag of coconut flour. Today it was time for me to put it to use! I’ve titled this “Almost” paleo coconut cookies because needless to say there is some wheat four in the recipe. The original recipe is from the blog Beautiful Disasters. I changed the original amount of flour from 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour to 3/4 cup flour and 1/2 cup almond flour. The cookies came out AMAZING! I would be willing to try it with all almond flour next time.
Here’s what you’ll need
– 1/2 cup butter (I prefer butter from cows fed an all grass diet)
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup white sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla
– 3/4 cup all purpose flour
– 1/2 cup almond flour (*almond flour is simply raw almonds that I ground in a food processor. Almond flour can also bought)
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– pinch of salt (optional)
– 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
Here’s what you’ll do
*preheat open to 350 degrees F
1. cream the butter and sugars together
2. add the egg and vanilla, beat well
3. add the all purpose flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt, mix again
4. place parchment paper on a cookie sheet (keeps cookies from sticking & keeps cookie sheet clean!). Spoon teaspoon sized batter onto the parchment paper, leaving about 2 inches between cookies. The cookies cook evenly without having to press them down or making perfect cookie clumps.
5. bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges have just started to turn golden. Allow the cookies to cool for a minute or two before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Hubby came home and has eaten a good load of them already! I think they’re a hit:)
If you make these and have success with any recipe changes please come back and share your success!
*store cookies in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag.