The delicious morsels are AMAZING and i’d betcha you can’t eat just one. I found the original recipe from a great site “Our Paleo Life”. Kendra is the master mind behind the site and she is clever in the kitchen. Her bites recipe was for key lime pie bites and cherry pie bites. Needless to say but I’ll say it anyway, “I am happy to stumbled across her delicious bites recipe”. I’ve made her bites three times and on fourth time I decided to play around with the recipe myself. I like my coffee, but I don’t always want to necessarily make a cup mid day. To satisfy my craving for a mid day coffee as well as a snack I came up with these coffee date-bites.
Here’s what you need
-10 Medjool dates, pitted
– 1 cup Almonds (unsalted)
– ½ cup Cashews (unsalted)
– ¼ cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (aka coconut flour)
– 1.5 tbs water or chilled coffee (you could need a little less depending on the moisture in your dates)
– 1 tsp real vanilla extract (adding some real vanilla beans is awesome too)
– 1.5 tbs freshly ground espresso beans
Here’s what you’ll do
– Put the dates, almonds, cashews, coconut and ground espresso beans in a food processor. Process the mixture until there is variety in its texture. half fine, half coarse.
– With the food processor running, slowly pour in all the vanilla and THEN the water (or chilled coffee) a little at a time. You may not need all the water (or coffee) depending on the natural moisture already present. Too much moisture will make the mixture too sticky and difficult to roll into bites/balls.
– When the mixture begins to ball together, turn food processor off.
– Roll your mixture into what ever sized bites you prefer! large marble size works well:)
– Bites will keep for unto a week when stored in an airtight container in your fridge.
ENJOY these!! They are awesome! And give thanks to Kendra over at Our Paleo Life